WITNESS TO LIFE: 2021
Stand for Life, Virtually with Cardinal Seán O’Malley
There are 3 opportunities to pray with Cardinal Seán the week of the March for Life:
- Sunday, January 24: Mass celebrated by Cardinal Seán for the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Friday, January 29: Catholic TV will livestream the final Holy Hour of the USCCB Vigil for Life led by Cardinal Seán from the Cathedral of the Holy Cross
- Friday, January 29: Mass for Giving Thanks to God for the Gift of Human LifeThis Mass will be broadcast on Catholic TV and the video will be shared with parish and school groups who are encouraged to view together. There will be a focus on young people — just like if we were together in Washington with the Cardinal.
Stand with Pro-Life Nationally: Events
- 2021 National Prayer Vigil for Life, January 28-29
- ‘Life is VERY Good’ Evening of Prayer, January 28, 7:30-9:00pm
National March for Life 2021, January 29
Please use this LINK to register for the 2021 March for Life Virtual Coverage.
- Virtual Youth Rally and Mass for Life, January 29 from 8:00-11:00am
- Go HERE for more information and to register.
Many Other Ways to Participate!
Partcipate in the second annual Bishops’ 9 Days for Life novena campaign. The initiative runs from Jan. 18-26 and will overlap with the national March for Life in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 22, the anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case that mandated legal abortion throughout the U.S. in 1973. For more information, go to the news article here.
- Join the Archdiocese of Boston’s 13thAnnual Holy Hour for Life, Forgiveness and Healing. The Archdiocesan Pro-Life Office and the Deacons for Life are hosting Holy Hours for Life beginning January 18 through January 29. For details, visit https://www.bostoncatholic.
- Create a “Pro-Life” lawn sign or banner to display at your home/ parish. Make them as a family and hang them up – especially on the day of the March.
- Write to your legislators letting them know you are unhappy with expanding access to abortion.
- Have an online parish baby shower-donate baby stuff to Friends of the Unborn in Quincy or another group like Catholic Charities .
- “Spare some change, change a life”- fill a snack bag with “change” from the coin jar and drop off at your parish to be donated to one of the pregnancy centers or Friends of the Unborn .
- Art Competition: Draw one the stages of development for a baby in the womb -by age group i.e. k-3, 4-6, 8-10 and winner gets a prize.
- Cut out “baby feet” out of colored paper and have people adopt an unborn baby to pray for. Parishioners can pick the name of the baby and sign their name and all of them can be posted to show the babies are being prayed for.
- Check out the Pelican Project Pro Life Ministry to create a pro-life group at your parish.
Learn more about the topics:
- Join St. Julia parish’s Pro-Life Commission by contacting email@example.com
- Read this article (The Pilot, June 2019) on the Roe Act
- Read Cardinal O’Malley’s (9/2020) Statement on the Roe Act Legislation in Massachusetts
- Use your voice to advocate for the life of the preborn here: Mass Citizens for Life
- Download the MCL PetitionOpposing the Roe Act