Christ, Our Light in the Darkness
In case you missed this virtual retreat offered during Lent (end of March) by Cardinal Seàn O’Malley, you can still watch the six-part series here: “Christ, Our Light in the Darkness”.
From the Virtual Evangelization page:
We will remember this Lent as one “in quarantine.” Social distancing the new norm as daily social interactions are suddenly unavailable to us. Schools are closed. We can’t go out to restaurants. Even public Mass has been suspended to curtail any further spread of this coronavirus. Many people feel alone. Many are scared. And people are thirsting for something good.
The Lord appoints shepherds to lead his flock, to be beacons of light in darkness, and to be instruments of hope to his people in times of despair. This Virtual Lenten Retreat with Cardinal Seán is a means for our shepherd to feed us, to comfort us, and to give us the hope we need right now.
His six-part retreat offers an opportunity to enter more deeply into Lent and grow in your relationship with Christ.
- Monday, March 23 – Prayer
- Tuesday, March 24 – Mercy and Forgiveness
- Wednesday, March 25 – Faith: The Key to Meaning and Call to Friendship
- Thursday, March 26 – Who is My Neighbor? The Good Samaritan
- Friday, March 27 – The Seven Last Words
- Saturday, March 28 – The Eucharist
We hope you will find the light that is Christ during these times of darkness.