FOR CONFIRMED TEENS
This new Peer Leadership program takes Pier Giorgio Frassati as our patron, asking for his intercession as we, too, seek:
“to be young people who bring our joyful witness of the Gospel message to all that we encounter and in everything we do”
Goals: As a member of the Frassati Leadership Institute, a young person can expect to:
– Draw closer to Christ and deepen their Faith in community with other young people
– Develop a personal sense of “apostolate” in your everyday life
– Gain skills and confidence in community leadership tasks including:
- Small group facilitation
- Retreat planning
- Retreat facilitation
- Crafting and sharing a witness talk
- Identifying your personal talents and ways to use them in service to others
- Regular involvement with the parish, including:
- Sunday Mass attendance
- Parish events according to your family’s interests and schedule
- Attendance at no fewer than 9 out of 12 meetings throughout the year. Meetings will be held Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 in the Youth Lounge at the parish center. If this time does not work and you would still like to apply, please schedule a meeting with the Youth Minister to discuss.
- Attend the “Leader Launch” day-long retreat in August (Saturday, TBD based on availability)
- 3 mentor meetings with the Youth Minister throughout the year, according to your schedule
- Participation as a Peer Leader at one of the day-long Confirmation Retreats (see: Retreat Leader Requirements)
- Willingness to serve as a Peer Leader if opportunities arise through Faith Formation, Small Groups, Youth Ministry events, etc.
Retreat Leader Requirements:
- Attend two planning meetings prior to your retreat date (TBD)
- Serve on the retreat in at least one of the following capacities: activity leader, witness talk, small group assistant facilitator, prayer leader, Assistant to the Retreat Master
An applicant must be a confirmed and practicing member of the Catholic Church. All high school students who are interested in joining the institute are asked to pray about their involvement in the group before submitting an application.
To apply, email a completed application form or drop one off at the Parish Center Faith Formation Office. Once your application form has been received, Christina will contact you for a casual meeting to discuss your interest. This is not an interview.
Leader Launch Retreat – Saturday in August, TBD based on member availability
Day-long Confirmation Retreats: Dec 9th, March 10th
 An apostolate (from the Greek: apostellein, “to be sent”) is the work God sends us OUT to do in the world. This work is specific to the individual and is rooted in their own gifts, desires, and state of life.