Saint Julia Parish is the Catholic community of Weston and Lincoln, Massachusetts.
From the 1850’s to 1900, the two towns were part of larger, multi-town parishes. Weston was originally a mission of Saxonville parish, which also included the missions of Wayland, Framingham, Natick, Rockbottom, Stowe, Sudbury, Needham, Ashland, Hopkington and Assabet (Maynard).
Weston Catholics traveled to St. Mary Church in Waltham for Mass, or to St. Zepherin in Wayland.
Lincoln Catholics attended Mass at St. Bernard Church in Concord, at St. Mary in Waltham, or at St. Brigid in Lexington.
In the early 1900’s, Catholics in Weston and Lincoln began to celebrate Mass in their own towns, first as missions, and then as St. Julia and St. Joseph Parishes. They continued this way until August, 2004, when the Boston Archdiocese instituted a parish reconfiguration. St. Joseph Parish became a part of St. Julia Parish, but St. Joseph Church is still maintained as a worship site in Lincoln.
The history of each community has been compiled here using a number of sources written for special occasions in the past.