Quick Tips for Beating Stress
- Deep breaths!
- Don’t forget that “This Too Shall Pass!”
- Take care of yourself consistently. It will keep you better prepared to handle stress.
- TLC stands for “Talk to a Friend, Look for the Silver Lining, and Change the Channel.” Talk to a support person, find something positive to focus on, and then change the channel – which means find a positive distraction such as taking a walk, taking a shower, or doing a mindful breathing exercise.
- Practice GRATITUDE, LOVE, FORGIVENESS. Lean into your faith and into the strength of your whole church. Like God, we are here for you!
- Say a quick, familiar prayer any time.
Thanks to parishioner and nurse-coach, Susan Ridge
A Student’s Prayer
Creator of all things,
true source of light and wisdom,
origin of all being,
graciously let a ray of your light penetrate
the darkness of my understanding.
Take from me the double darkness
in which I have been born,
an obscurity of sin and ignorance.
Give me a keen understanding,
a retentive memory, and
the ability to grasp things
correctly and fundamentally.
Grant me the talent
of being exact in my explanations
and the ability to express myself
with thoroughness and charm.
Point out the beginning,
direct the progress,
and help in the completion.
I ask this through Christ our Lord.
-St. Thomas Aquinas, OP